I was challenged to make my own list of one thousand blessings after learning about Ann Voskamp’s book, One Thousand Gifts. Finding joy in the simplest of things is what it is all about! Take a look, and check out my progress as I complete “Lulu’s List of One Thousand Gifts”
1. Sunshine: Hello tan lines and beachy hair!
2. Rainstorms: The rain is magical.
3. My Momma: She is my best friend in the whole world, and I am so thankful for all she has done for me through all of our years!
5. My Pop: I will always be thankful for our Thursday-night-daddy-daughter-dates.
6. Zack: My goofy, slightly crazy brother, he’s pretty much awesome
7. Maggie-May: My new sister (in law)! She is so creative and confident, and I am so thankful for our sisterhood!
8. Molly: We have the best cousin relationship ever. Go us!
9. Hilary: We are told we look like Aly & AJ Milshaka
10. Paul: A good friend that taught me how to show people they are loved.
11. Samson: Someone that showed me things that I never thought existed.
12. Margaret: An awesome friend that taught me that wisdom doesn’t mean age.
13. Food: Mmmm…chocolate.
14. Clothes: Three cheers for not being nude (in public) :)
16: My bedroom: My favorite room in mi casa.
17. Susan: I want to be like this woman. She truly shines.
18. All the people that have showed me love.
19. Jesus : My best friend.
20. My body
21. Blue Eyes
22. My Split Nose: If you touch my nose there is an obvious little dip. Idiosyncrasies make us awesome.
23. My “Get-Me-Where-I-Need-To-Go” Car: Not super hot, but it runs
24. Money: Gotta pay the bills!
25. Being Homecoming Queen
26. A Brain, and I like to use it.
27. Ambition: I want to do something.
28. Confidence: Shine, baby shine!
29. Cross Country: Sparked my passion for running!
30. Wildflowers: Cliche? yes. Beautiful? yes.
31. Alone Time: I definitely enjoy time to myself.
33. Talking: I can give a speech.
34. Tasting: Duh! Can you say linguini or chocolate-covered strawberries?
37. My University: Go college!
38. Sarah: My beautiful and closest friend.
39. The Gym: this one is a stretch, but the trainers at my gym are great!
40. Robin’s Eggs: Nature’s version of Tiffany & Co.
41. Adoption: I really have a heart for adoption.
42. Philippines: I went on a mission trip here!
43. Guacamole: JamesDavid makes the yummiest!
44. JamesDavid: My boyfriend is so wonderful, and knows how to show me I’m loved!
45. “Ladies Day” at the Car wash: duhh, its way cheaper, and you get the super duper turbo clean wash for the same price as the cheap wash!